Terms of Service
Terms of Service
Last updated: June 1, 2020
Thank you for using Pyrl! As a consumer purchase data privacy platform, we believe that how you spend your money is among the most valuable data about you. Pyrl was created to give consumers the control and privacy of their purchase data, and that is our core business. Our policies, and our technology, are built to set the highest standard to put you in the driver’s seat of your own data.
Because we don’t know every one of our current or future users personally, we have to put in place some Terms of Service to help keep the ship afloat.
When we say “Company”, “we”, “our”, or “us” in this document, we are referring to DataFi Platform LLC, which does business under the tradename of Pyrl.
When we say “Services”, we mean any product or feature created and maintained by us. That includes use of the Pyrl platform to obtain the privacy and use of your purchase data.
We may update these Terms of Service in the future. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will also announce them. When you use our Services, now or in the future, you are agreeing to the latest Terms of Service. That’s true for any of our existing and future products and all features that we add to our Services over time. There may be times where we do not exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service; in doing so, we are not waiving that right or provision. These terms do contain a limitation of our liability.
If you violate of any of the terms, we may terminate your account. That’s a broad statement and it means you need to place a lot of trust in us. We do our best to deserve that trust by being open about our founding principles, how our technology and business model are designed to always serve the consumer’s privacy and interests first, and keeping an open door to your feedback.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. The Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You may not use the Services for any purpose other than as intended.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- Currently Pyrl is available to U.S. residents only, ages 18 and over.
Payment, Refunds, and Plan Changes
- If you are using a free version of one of our Services, it is really free: While you may choose to link a credit card for the convenience of tracking your retailers, that process only requires your user name and password, we do not ask you for your credit card number, and — just like for customers who pay for our Services — we never sell or share your data.
- When Pyrl’s premium features are introduced:
- For paid Services that offer a free trial, we explain the length of trial. After the trial period, you need to pay in advance to keep using the paid Service. If you do not pay, the paid service will terminate, your information associated with your use of the paid Services may be removed.
- If you are upgrading from a free plan to a paid plan, we will charge your card immediately and your billing cycle starts on the day of upgrade. For other upgrades or downgrades in plan level, the new rate starts from the next billing cycle.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, or duties imposed by taxing authorities. Where required, we will collect those taxes on behalf of the taxing authority and remit those taxes to taxing authorities. Otherwise, you are responsible for payment of all taxes, levies, or duties.
Cancelation and Termination
- You are solely responsible for properly canceling your account. Within our Services, we provide a simple no-questions-asked link to de-activate, or to fully delete, your account. You can find these options under Account Management. An email or phone request to cancel your account is not automatically considered cancelation. If you need help canceling your account, you can always contact our Support team.
- All of your content will be inaccessible from the Services immediately upon de-activation or deletion. If you choose to fully delete your account, all content will be permanently deleted. We cannot recover this information once it has been permanently deleted. If you want to download your account information before your account is canceled, you have that option under Account Management.
- We have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of our Services for any reason at any time. Suspension means you and any other users on your account will not be able to access the account or any content in the account. Termination will furthermore result in the deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all content in your account. We also reserve the right to refuse the use of the Services to anyone for any reason at any time. We have this clause because statistically speaking, out of the many users who will use our Services, there is at least one doing something nefarious. There are some things we staunchly stand against and this clause is how we exercise that stance.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- We make a promise to our customers to support our Services continuously. Sometimes it becomes technically impossible to continue a feature or we redesign a part of our Services because we think it could be better or we decide to close new signups of a product or feature. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any part of our Services with or without notice.
- Sometimes we may change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that, we tend to exempt existing customers from those changes. However, we may choose to change the prices for existing customers. If we do so, we will give at least 30 days notice and will notify you via the email address on record. We may also post a notice about changes on our websites or the affected Services themselves.
Uptime, Security, and Privacy
- Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. We provide these Services on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We do not offer service-level agreements but do take uptime of our applications seriously, and we continuously monitor our servers for usage spikes or maintenance conditions.
- We reserve the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage significantly exceeds the average usage of other customers of the Services. Of course, we’ll reach out to the account owner before taking any action except in rare cases where the level of use may negatively impact the performance of the Service for other customers.
- To help you with support requests you make. If a support request requires us to access any purchase data details, we do not have the ability to do so without you unlocking that for us, and you’ll receive an email asking for that temporary permission, to complete your support request.
- Other, more general information about your accounts, such as name, contact information, or retailer lists, are encrypted and safeguarded, but can be accessed by us to safeguard Pyrl. We’ll look at logs and metadata as part of our work to ensure the security of your data and the Services as a whole. If necessary.
- To the extent required by applicable law.
Features and Bugs
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively before introducing them. As with any software, our Services inevitably will have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don’t guarantee completely error-free Services.
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity, to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract, tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of liability.
In other words: choosing to use our Services does mean you are making a bet on us, and our commitment to deliver for you. We do our utmost to be as safe a bet as possible through careful management of the business; investments in security, infrastructure, and talent; and in general being passionate about our mission. If you choose to use our Services, thank you for betting on us.
If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please Contact our Support team.